Top 6 - Made in Australia

BJKAAVE
This post was updated on .
The night started out with Luke telling a whopper of a porky that only the best remain.  Well, no that would mean that our Top 6 would be made up of Angel Tupai, Samantha Jade, Tara Lynn Sharrock and maybe some others, but since only one of those three has made it to this point, Luke is full of shit!

1. Samantha Jade - UFO by Sneaky Sound System
This was not as epic as last week, due to this being a terrible song and all.  Sammi did the absolute best she could with it, she looked and sounded great as always, and as Guy said, it was so extremely well polished.  Hopefully she makes it through to next week, she is one of the few interesting performers left this season.

2. Shiane Hawke - Shine by Vanessa Amarossi
A better song choice for Shiane would be something by Gabriella Cilmi (correct spelling?).  Something really tuneless so that Shiane wouldn't really sound out of place, like she normally does.
Honestly though, Shiane sounded better than she has in weeks, so the song choice didn't end up being a complete mistake.  I would still say that she is the second weakest performer left, but I won't be swearing at my TV if she is safe tomorrow night.

3. The Collective - Incredible by Timomatic
I would say this was their weakest performance to date, very shaky in both the harmony's and the indivudual lines.  The two who usually do nothing (anyone know their names?) actually got a line each this time, I can see why they are normally silent.
One thing that is really getting on my nerves is that they have not been given the same stick that Three Wishez got last year for Sophia being the main focal point most of the time.  Mel B was particularly venomous towards her many times last year, yet she has said nothing about Trent and William being the attention hogs of this group.

4. Nathaniel Willemse - Red by Daniel Merriweather
Fun Fact!  Nathaniel was actually a contestant on Season 4 of Australian Idol, he made it to the Top 24 and then got a shot at the wildcard.
Anyway, this was a good song choice and it showed off the strength in Natanule's upper register towards the end.  Ronan thought it was a good song choice, I remember he slated Sally Chatfield's rendtion of this song and Natalie Imbruglia for choosing it on the Top 12 show two years ago.

5. Bella Ferraro - Sweet Disposition by The Temper Trap
Bella sounded lovely, althought he faceless men walking around her was a distraction that was not needed.
I am really starting to warm to Bella, however, her performances are improving as the weeks go on, which is in contrast to Shiane.

6. Jason Owen - What's My Scene by Hoodoo Gurus
Why put him on last, I need time to recover from him!
This was less heinous than many of his other performances  and if he's gonna stick around I would rather laugh at a hilariously awful but energetic performance than cringe at him strainging his way through a ballad.
My Mum and sister loved this performance, if Bella or Sami came out and sounded exactly like this, they would call it a bad vocal!

So I thought that The Collective were the weakest tonight, but they will never be in the bottom two, and I think Shiane and Jason will be safe so obviously someone undeserving will be going home tomorrow night.

Re: Top 6 - Made in Australia

Martin
BJKAAVE wrote
2. Shiane Hawke - Shine by Vanessa Amarossi
A better song choice for Shiane would be something by Gabriella Cilmi (correct spelling?).  Something really tuneless so that Shiane wouldn't really sound out of place, like she normally does.
Honestly though, Shiane sounded better than she has in weeks, so the song choice didn't end up being a complete mistake.  I would still say that she is the second weakest performer left, but I won't be swearing at my TV if she is safe tomorrow night.
Knowing what the show's like, it would be Sweet About Me, which Shiane would just be lost in the woods with. I think she'd go much better with Gabriella Cilmi's Save The Lies, or Amy Winehouse's You Know I'm No Good (no pun intended, though tempting)