Nicknames - help me out here!

Mopshell
Last week was the first time this year that I have seen a whole live performance show and Results show - not out of lack of interest but because work has been so demanding of late. I have seen bits & pieces of earlier shows and know that my housemates (bless them) had given nicknames to some of the contestants - something I thought was worth sharing with you all for your entertainment.

"Cowboy", "What About No More Tonight", "Mr Bean" and "Big Chick" have all gone now... are my sweet housemates jinxing the candidates? Nah, they're nicknaming the ones whom they think will be voted off, knowing full well that the tweenie voters go more on appearance than talent. There was outcry in our house at the "Big Chick" label until it was pointed out that this is how the tweenies were going to see her. From birth they've been conditioned by the media to think thin=attractive and big=unattractive and all the other judgemental crap that goes with that. That's why we didn't think she'd last long despite a great voice.

The lat nicknamed person is: "Wooden Statue" - only the eyes move and they flick around all over the place! Guess who that would be. Can't believe she's still there - has to be the sob stories and general sympathy vote.

Now, how about nicknames for the remainder - any ideas come to mind?

Re: Nicknames - help me out here!

BJKAAVE
Is wooden statue Shiane, Mopshell?  Hopefully not Bella, she actually is quite talented and does a good job when she gets the right song, however she is mostly a niche artist.
As for Angel being voted off, it's also down to the public's offensive attitude towards female contestants, only awkward and insecure girls are worthy of votes, girls who are confident and polished performers with powerful and versatile voices are cold bitches who no one could possibly connect with, hence Bella and Shiane being safe every week while Angel and Samantha have been eliminated or in the bottom two twice.
Rant over.

Re: Nicknames - help me out here!

Martin
wooden statue is apt, though you look at the size of her frame and it's either impressive or scary for a 14 year old.

The Collective I'm starting to think of as "Meal Ticket".

Samantha = Tweety, for her penchant for bird notes

the others are not as set, but the word(s) that come to mind
Fortunate = Rikishi (google it if you don't know what I mean)

Jason = boring

Bella = nervous breakdown

Nathaniel = weak

Re: Nicknames - help me out here!

Mopshell
Oh yes, Shiane is "Wooden Statue"!

We were quite impressed last night to see her arms move about a bit - well, just one arm at a time as the hand at the end of the other arm was holding the mike. The movements were reminiscent of a robot that has very little battery juice left but it is progress of a kind...  She flicked her eyes around less last night (looking for a safe bolt-hole somewhere or security blanket perhaps?) She does, however, have a rather alarming habit of opening her eyes wide suddenly  and this startling expression seems to have no relevance whatsoever to what she's saying/singing at the time. We're flabbergasted that she's still there and agree with your reasoning on the situation, BJ.

I laughed when I googled Rikishi, Martin!

"Mesal Ticket" - yeah, I can see where you're coming from.

How about "Nervy Nella" for Bella?

Don't think Sammi was "Tweety" last night... inclined to agree with Mel B on this one... "Kylie Connection" perhaps?

And we really have to be more creative with Jason and Nathanielle... I'll consult my housemates!

Re: Nicknames - help me out here!

Martin
Did you know that Rikishi's signature move was called the "Stink Face"? It's meant to be funny but if I simply describe it in words it would sound gross. You'll just have to look up one of the many clips on youtube where he does it.

For Bella how about Crack-up? As in one nervous breakdown away from a psychiatrist.

Sammi did have a bit of a Kylie vibe last night, though she usually doesn't. And to compare her voice to Kylie would be an injustice to her.