New Season!

BJKAAVE
I'm gonna try to get the message around to people from forum's last year who kight be interested in chatting about the show last year to visit this forum, since Yahoo don't seem to be opening the official one this year.  Hopefully we can spread the word around to enough people to get this forum active, I'll try to make up a generic email and send it around.  I may even invite some of the people who I didn't like from the other forum, because let's face it, it wouldn't be the same without some bitching!

So, what do people think of the new season so far?  I actually thought it was a great first week, I'm pretty excited about quite a few contestants.  Then again, I'm also dreading the overpimping that boybands will be getting this season, but it seems like it will also be a genuinly strong year for the Girls' category.
Jay

Re: New Season!

Jay
Hi - not sure if anyone is using this forum but thought I'd express my interest just in case.

Only started watching this season this week.  There are a lot of really good singers.

Not sure I can stand too much of the whole "Boy Band" thing though!!! But I'm probably not in the demographic they are aiming at with that one!!!

Hope more people join / rejoin soon

Re: New Season!

Martin
Hi again,

I thought this place was goneskis! But it might give me the boost I need to get excited about this season of X Factor.

Martin

Re: New Season!

BJKAAVE
Hi Martin and Jay!

This place was desserted for months until I just happened to decide that I wanted to make up a review for the American Idol finale this year just a few weeks ago and found my way back here, waste of time since no one was around to read it but was still enjoyed writing it all the same!

Whilst I have enjoyed the show so far this year, I'm really getting over the standing ovations, there have been far too many already and after The Voice and season 11 of American idol I am ready to make standing ovations illegal! Even more so after the last boot camp episode, that Adil guy's rendition of Boys of Summer was in no way a standing ovation worthy performance.

Re: New Season!

Mopshell
Hey guys - it's good to see you! I've been so busy at work that I've been slow to find my way back here. The official forum is a no-show which is fine by me - it was always better here anyway.

By the way, remember Tara-Lynn Sharrock from last year? Did she re-audition this year?

Re: New Season!

BJKAAVE
Hi Mopshell!

Good to see you back!

Tara Lynn did audition this year, she only made it to bootcamp, she explains her whole experience here:http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/300873506635269/405688032820482/?comment_id=405835786139040¬if_t=group_comment_reply
It's a group that she made up for her supporters, she seems like a very nice girl.

Re: New Season!

Mopshell
Thanks BJ but I'm not a member of her group so I can't see much - sent a request in though.

Re: New Season!

Martin
It's sad about Tara-Lynn, she had a health issue preventing her from participating further, and I guess the producers didn't want to show her audition to save themselves the grief of viewers saying "pah! the best didn't even make the finals!"

What's with snubbing me on Twitter Mopsy? I followed you for quite a while but when you didn't follow back I said stuff this!

Re: New Season!

Martin
As for the groups, one of my favorites from last year, Straight Up, didn't appear to have come back. Neither did Hype (Lazy J & Big Boy). I think I really hate the show trying to force a boyband down our throats. I normally hate boybands quite enough, and it's worse when they're just simply NOT GOOD ENOUGH to be taken further as solo singers.
4 * ordinary singers = 4 times as bad!

But I'll make an exception for Trent Bell, I think the judges only rejected him for the solo category this year because they were so dead-set on making him part of the boy band.

Re: New Season!

BJKAAVE
To be honest Martin, I think I prefer the manufactured boyband to What About Tonight, those guys are atrocious!
I can't fathom how deeply moronic Ronan and the shows producers (because face it, the mentors aren't soley responsible for picking their top 3, I believe they have some say but would have to run it by the producers first) are to not realise that the two similar boyband will prrobably split votes now (I hope so anyway, which will lead to one being shafted early!)

To top it all of, there are only four girls left in the whole competition, even though the girls were better this year!

Re: New Season!

Martin
BJKAAVE wrote
To be honest Martin, I think I prefer the manufactured boyband to What About Tonight, those guys are atrocious!
I can't fathom how deeply moronic Ronan and the shows producers (because face it, the mentors aren't soley responsible for picking their top 3, I believe they have some say but would have to run it by the producers first) are to not realise that the two similar boyband will prrobably split votes now (I hope so anyway, which will lead to one being shafted early!)

To top it all of, there are only four girls left in the whole competition, even though the girls were better this year!
Must say I don't enjoy What About Tonight either. The girl duo had much more to offer than they do.
There's something about the girls category that just rubs me wrong this year. I've not taken to Shiane or Bella. Vendulka was quite likeable and it might be only Key $ Ha! that swayed it in Shiane's favor.

Re: New Season!

BJKAAVE
What do you think about Angel, Martin?

Re: New Season!

Martin
Angel's growing on me & might become my favorite.

Re: New Season!

Jacqui
Oh my, I totally forgot about both this site and my gmail account. Thanks for the message BJ and hope everyone is well. I haven't watched much of this season, but miss all the official forum antics, late night chatter and even the bitchin' from last year ( : Jacq or Jacqueline from the forum.

Re: New Season!

Martin
Hi Jacqueline. Yahoo forums have gone to the dogs, this place is much more suited to discussion, now we just need more people to put in their 2 cents worth on everything.

Re: New Season!

Jacqui
Well I'd better start watching in earnest then! and no vested interest this year, as last year I knew one of the contestants from 3 Wishez...even though I ended up liking Declan the best! You have no idea how torn I was during the episode when they were both in the bottom two! Good to 'see' you guys again *big smileys*

Re: New Season!

Martin
My interest would've been a bit vested if Tara-Lynn Sharrock had been healthy enough to make the finals as she deserved, but now I just don't have to vote unless someone impress me heaps.

Smileys are indeed bigger & better here, plus you can insert custom ones too! cool

Re: New Season!

Jacqui

Poor Tara-Lynn has had a lot of bad luck with X Factor hasn't she? But maybe it isn't the right show for her either. Australian Idol would have been great I think. Of all the talent shows around in the past few years, I liked the format of Idol the best - seemed a bit more genuine about actually unearthing talent as opposed to creating a 'show' with clever editing, dramatics etc.

Anyway, night Martin. Gotta get up early for work tomorrow. Will promise to watch XF more and check in here with my 2c.

Re: New Season!

Martin
If you'll see, the advertised times for next week's shows has the performance show being 15 minutes shorter, but the results show is 5 minutes longer! Less of the good stuff, yet more gasbagging & hand-wringing to complement it!