Aus X Factor Top 7

Martin
While Luke is wasting airtime talking to our so-called judges, I look at the big pink X on their desk, and think geez it would be nice to press a big X buzzer on Shiane like Australia's Got Talent. Don't think I didn't notice channel 7 trying to CRAM her and Bella down my friggin' throat AGAIN in this week's ads for the show.

Fourtunate - “You Make Me Feel” (Cobra Starship)
This song pretty much sucks, and I'm not sure it's their fault. I wasn't so rapt about the original version either.

Jason Owen - “You Belong With Me” (Taylor Swift)
Someone must've shortlisted this song and it just HAD to be sung by whoever got it. If this was an actual song CHOICE it was a friggin disaster. The whole performance was just completely irrelevant, it adds absolutely ZERO if you've heard the original.

They start playing Johnny Ruffo singing a McDonald's ad and it might turn out to be the best thing I hear tonight.

Shiane Hawke - “Hometown Glory” (Adele)
At least pick one of Adele's least known and least succesful songs, so on that score Nat did alright. Then Shiane starts singing, and it didn't matter who originally sang it, cause she just makes it sound like the most BORING thing ever! Puh-lease, keeping her in this long is getting beyond a joke!

Luke Jacobz thinks Nathaniel blew everyone away with his reggae whatever last week. What drug is he on?!!

Nathaniel Willemse - “Let Me Love You” (Ne-Yo)
The whole first verse was incredibly weak. It picked up from the chorus, though I'm kinda disappointed that a singing show contestant can't make Ne-yo look like a hack by comparison.

The Collective - “Lego House” (Ed Sheeran)
The Austin Powers-esque nudity thing gave me a smile. This performance I really liked. Artistically very much relevant in today's market.

Bella Ferraro - “Shake It Out” (Florence + The Machine)
Bella makes this sound like hard work, and it probably was - Florence has a way of making her songs challenging on the range. Overall it's one of her slightly better performances.
I think she should be singing The Ting Tings, La Roux, Ladyhawke, Cyndi Lauper, Celine Dion.

Samantha Jade - “Scream” (Usher)
Maybe not as magical as her singoff song last week, but still pretty awesome. The breath control was great this time.

Re: Aus X Factor Top 7

BJKAAVE
This post was updated on .
I think I'll just add to Martin's reviews from now on, he usually gets here before me and its just better not having two threads about the same thing.  Anyway!

The night opened with the typical recap, in the intro with the judges and their categories, the girls have been moved to the end now, rather than forst for some reason.

Anyway, Luke eventually asks Guy which judge scares him most and takes it as an opportunity to lick Ronan's arse and rub it in the girls faces that they haven't won yet while he and Ronan have one each.  Well, first of all, they will never mention on the show the name of the contestant that Ronan won with, will they?  Also, the girls have been in less seasons than the guys so is it that much of a brag that they have both won while the girls have not?
Also, Nat cried out "Enough with the bromance!".  Somehow I doubt that Ronan gives two f**ks about Guy but whatever.

The night started out with Fortunate, who performed You Make Me Feel by Cobra Starship. The individual vocals were quite weak, but it was an energetic performance and the harmonies were on point.  I don't really get the standing ovation but whatever.

Jason then came on to sing You Belong With Me by Taylor Swift.  What is it with Mel and choosing Taylor Swift songs for contestants who don't fit them?  Anyway, typical Jason, weak vocals but not as bad as his first showing in the Top 12.  He still did nothing to justify his position in the competition while Angel is at home watching this in her pyjamas.
Jason also said something about being born with talent or whatever...
Oh f$$k off forever you talentless inbred pr!ck!
Also, stop with the BS, the town would have more than 12 people in it or else a pub would not be able to function there!

Next up, Shiane with Hometown Glory by Adele.  Once again, I couldn't understand her at all, lucky I recorded this while I was at tafe and my Digital Reciever for some reason always puts up subtitles when recording and I can't get it to stop doing that.  ANyway, the vocals that I could hear were out of tune and she looked disinterested.
Nat argued with all the other judges opinions, while Mel told her to accept other's opinions, like she does.   Oh get f**ked you f**cking hypocritical c***, Nathaniel's VT will show you interupting Nat to disagree with her from last week!

Speaking of Nathaniel, here he is to perform Let Me Love You by Ne-Yo.  As usual, Guy took a milenium to introduce his act.  Apparently Nathaniel and Jason are good mates, I'm not quite sure why this should be such a huge shock but there you go.  ANyway, the verses were incredibly weak while the verses were strong.  Mel's critique basically just amounted to her not liking his suit, because she is useful and constructive like that.
Nathaniel feels that he climaxed in the choruses.  HAHAHAHAHAAA!  What?! When have I claimed to be mature?

Up next, The Collective.  Zach naked was the first bit of male eye candy of the season, and the first since Johnny took off his shirt last year, to infuriating screams from the girls in the audience making me want to stab them in the throats!  From Johnny, not just now.  Maybe I need to see a psychologist?
ANyway, I hate the song and Ed Sheeran, and I felt like most of them had nothing to do for the whole thing.  Trent also looked as though he wanted to punch someone as well.  Ronan claimed that they will be international superstars!  Sure, just like Altiyan Childs was.

Next, Bella came on to cover Florence and the Machine's Shake it Out.  I actually think this was her best performance since the audition and the song really suited her.  She sounded fantastic and looked alot more comfortable than last week.  I was glad to see a judge other than her mentor give her a Standing O too.y

Lastly, Samantha Jade came on for Scream by Usher.  Holy hell, she is hot, if I weren't half gay and she lived round my way... well still, nothing would ever happen between us even since I could never ask her out, so never mind.
Great vocals, excellent performance, anyone watching a reality show for the first time would assume she was the front runner, seasoned viewers will be resigned to the fact that she will never win.

So, my favorites of the night were Samantha and Bella.  The bottom two SHOULD be Shiane and Jason with Shiane going home bt I doubt that will be the outcome.

Re: Aus X Factor Top 7

Martin
RESULTS SHOW

The Top 7 start off by being entrusted to do a whole group performance by themselves. The camera angles were nicely framed ahead of time, and the vocals were okay. Nathaniel in particular looked & sounded better with this than his song last night.

The judges trying to out-do each other with name-dropping was quite amusing.

Cher Lloyd's about to perform "Want U Back" and I'll automatically like it if she DIDN'T bring that annoying kid Astro with her.
Aside from some annoying pointless screaming from the crowd, which is not her fault, this was nice.

The finalists are shown leading into the break before decision time, and none of them care to ham it up a bit for the cameras like they do on Dancing With The Stars. Talk about golden opportunity lost!

I'm hoping the bottom 2 will be Shiane and The collective, or Shiane and Bella, to virtually guarantee the elimination of the former. Sadly, I'm disappointed once again. Damn you Australia!
UnFOURTUNATEly, Fourtunate will battle it out with Bella, and given the way the judges have heaped praise on Bella when she didn't deserve it, it's more likely to be the group that'll be gone by the end of the night.

For the second week running, the featured guest artist performs one of my recent song of the week selections (Matchbox Twenty - She's So Mean), which makes me very happy.

Sing-off time...
Fourtunate does one of the better versions of Man In The Mirror heard on any of these singing shows internationally. It was enjoyable, without perhaps being enough to change anyone's minds one way or the other.

Bella's singoff song was a bit unrecognisable, but she's vocally more consistent than usual, and I can hear in her voice that she can be really good, in maybe 2 years time. Personally, I'd keep her in the competition over Fourtunate, after the sing-off.

Ronan does a much better sales job than Nat, but the last decision is Mel B's, and she explains herself well when she decides to keep Bella and stick the fatal knife into Fourtunate.

At least now Ronan will be able to concentrate solely on the group that was always his best bet, when they decided to make their boyband with better material than what ended up in the boys category.

Next week's guests are good, with Bruno Mars,  , and some group of X Factor rejects who truly weren't good enough to be solo contestants .
Ironic that next week's theme should be "Made In Australia" considering that guest list.

Re: Aus X Factor Top 7

BJKAAVE
ARRGGHHHHH!
That is all I have to say about the results tonight!

Well, no, not all, I'm beginning to worry that the girl that Nat has in the final will be Shiane, which will guarantee another male winner, which is going to piss me off!!!!!

Although, to be honest, there had to be girls that were safer bets than Bella and Shiane to shove down our throats at the start of the season, I know they had good auditions but there were some by other girls that would justify their own commercial to air two moths before the first episode.  Just like the most recent season of American Idol, the powers that be behind the show ruined it for the female talent this year.

But really, with all the talented female contestants that auditioned this season, isn't it going to look very stupid for Shiane to be the last one standing.
As for a boyband winner, well I feel nuesious (correct spelling?) at the thought...

Re: Aus X Factor Top 7

Martin
BJKAAVE wrote
But really, with all the talented female contestants that auditioned this season, isn't it going to look very stupid for Shiane to be the last one standing.
How stupid does it look anyway with Jason left to represent all the boys that auditioned.

Re: Aus X Factor Top 7

BJKAAVE
Well, to be honest, after they formed The Collective the Under 25 Boys category was slim picking anyway.