Aus X Factor Grand Final Decider

Martin
This post was updated on .
(updated as the show airs)

The Top 3 open the show in great style, before the performance breaks out into another So You Think You Can Dance-style crazy stage production.

Owl City and the finalists - "Good Time". Mostly the finalists fail to carry off a simple tune, somewhat surprisingly.

Boyz II Men & Top 3 - "End of the Road". Everyone did their parts very well in this one. One of the best group performance we've ever seen on Australian X Factor.

Time for the 3rd place announcement. First one through to the final 2 - usually this means they end up coming second... is Jason Owen! And the final act in the top 2, and more likely the winner by being announced second at this stage, is... Samantha Jade!!

One Direction - "Little Things". Sounds like a Christmas Carol - a bad one. The pointless screaming from little girls just makes the whole thing even more annoying - girls, screams are a very UNPLEASANT sound to hear, okay?!!

Samantha Jade - "Scream" by Usher. Sammi performed this song near perfectly the first time, so it was a hard act to repeat, but I think she at least equalled it.

Jason Owen - "Dancing in the Dark" by Bruce Springsteen. Most of the magic for this one the first time round was him moving exactly like Springsteen, and dragging the planted dancer on stage with him, and most of that's missing this time round, so it's not as good even though the vocal has improved a little in the meantime. Ironically, by now he probably can drag a fan on stage with him for real, but then she'd just stand there holding her cheeks and not know what to do except scream at him, wouldn't she?

After some lengthy "package" time, it's finally time to announce the winner, and the winner is... YES! Samantha Jade!!!

Re: Aus X Factor Grand Final Decider

BJKAAVE
Well, I am estatic!

I missed the opening, damn tafe role play that I have a sinking feeling I am going to fail...

Anyway, the Owl City thing was quite messy, I'm thinking that they didn't have Top 3 duets to not have the "rigged" rumours when the winner is the person with the best duet partner.

I also just thought, they never had a rock themed week this year!  Probably a good move, the one they had last year demonstrated that I am more qualified to perform open heart surgery than these mentors are to put together a rock themed show.

Anyway, the performance with Boys II Men was well sung, one of the better finale celebrity performances that we have had.

Next, it's time to boot the third placed act!  Going home in third place was..... The Collective!  Well, I guess we just weren't that desperate for the next boyband Ronan, suck SH*T!  Meh, they are gonna get signed anyway and probably be pushed down our throats for the next twelve months.

So then it was time for the brought to us by satelite One Dire Erection (they are called this from now on as far as I'm concerned) and I'm unsure if this  makes me happy or angry.  I mean, don't flog the idea of them performing on the show all year and then have them not actually be there but then, I'm glad they weren't there anyway!  The screaming from the girls in the studio would have been suicide inducing, and I just find the boys sickening.  This is apparently my sister's favourite song, for reasons I don't understand, she will be eighteen three months, I would have thought it was just early teens who liked these pricks?  Anyway, the song was arse.

Next Sami came out to reprise Scream, I guess Heartless was too recent to reprise, but anyway, she killed it once again.

Nexdt it was time for Jason to reprise Dancing In The Dark, it was ok for what it was.  Still a joke that he made the final two.

Next, some pointless filler and a recap of the Top 2's "Journey's".  Because we haden't already been over this wenty time already or anything...

So then it was the moment of truth!  (Punches myself in the face for typing something so dicky and cheesy)
The winner was .............SAMANTHA JADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well thank f**k for that!  Jason and Mel were gracious about it, isn't it wierd to think that Nat and Mel were both bad mentors with strong category's (well Mel at least had a front runner in Christina) but with their weaker categories they were both able to take an act to second place?!  Wierd how it works, but if they want an Under 25 Girl to win next year, they really need to give that category to Guy.  The two women obviously need weak acts to build up and I really don't see Ronan working well with girls.

Anyway, Samantha performed her single to close out the show, and I'm off to download it!  As frustrating as this season was at times, it was a relief to see the right person win in the end.

I'll be back in a few days for my reviews of the best and worst performances of the season and then probably not back until January to recap American Idol.  I would talk about the US and UK X Factors but they unfortunately are both a giant bag of ass this year!  (The Uk show is down to the Final 5 and they are all male!)

So anywho, stoked for Sami, glad the season ended on a positive note!

Re: Aus X Factor Grand Final Decider

Martin
That opening song was "I Can Only Imagine" by David Guetta feeting Chris Brown and Lil Wayne. Quite frankly, our top 3, even Jason, sang it better than Chris & Lil.

Re: Aus X Factor Grand Final Decider

BJKAAVE
Ah, thanks.  I had it recorded incase I missed a fair bit of the show, I'll probably watch it at some point.