American Idol 2013

BJKAAVE
Channel Ten will be airing Season 12 of American Idol in the New Year!  I'm pretty happy about that, it makes the show easier to follow when you can watch it on TV, rather than chase it down on the internet, which is ine if the reasons I have given up on the US and UK XF's this year, although it's also down to those shows sucking this year to be honest.

Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler have left the show now and they have been replaced by Mariah Carey, Keith Urban and Nicki Minaj.  Now, I get the inclusions of Carey and Urban, but Nicki Minaj?!  I know it's for ratings and contreversy but come on!  How can she be taken seriously judging the singing of other people?!  It's not like she is there from a music producer's or record company executive position, when a performer is a judge on one of these shows, it should be soemone with actual talent!
Also Randy Jackson is back, for reasons unlnown to basically everyone, he stopped being useful... um, actually he was useless from day one!

Already there have been sparks between Mariah and Nicki, you can find out about that elsewhere, not sure if it is real or forshow.

I'm gonna try to review the show next year, here's hoping I make it through the entire season this time around, I didn;t have the time to finnish it last time, but I may have a bit more free time next year.

Re: American Idol 2013

Martin
I was a bit excited when I saw TEN advertise it on their upcoming shows too.

Don't know if you've read or heard about it, but TEN made a financial loss for the past financial year, and their ratings have been really poor recently, notably with the quickly axed Everybody Dance Now, which they'd seemed to hang a lot of their hopes on. So, it stands to reason that they'll go back to a proven ratings winner like American Idol. They probably should be showing So You Think You Can Dance on their main channel rather than 11, too.

My opinion of Nicki Minaj is either as low as yours, or lower, so I guess we'll wait and see, then complain about it.